Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Running Around Like A Chicken...

OK so I know I have been slacking and it's been four weeks since I last posted. Life has been so busy lately so where should I begin. OK. Lets start with Strides Against Breast Cancer St. Petersburg. It was amazing. The weather had thrown us a curve ball with a cold front so we were freezing that morning and having to wake up at 5:30a.m. and be there at 6:30a.m. was not my cup of tea. Judd gave me a hard time in the car the whole way about how next time I sign us up for something we aren't waking up before the roosters. I could only yell "It's for a good cause!" After we warmed up and got there and actually started volunteering I think he started to feel bad because he kept saying how much he liked doing stuff like that.
Which brings me to that evening when mom and dad came to check out the new place. I think they were pretty impressed. I mean sure we don't have furniture yet, well besides an air mattress, recliner, and LED tv in the living room and bed and dresser in the bedroom; but we'll get there. I'd rather get exactly what I want and wait instead of thrifting or matching pieces of furniture from here and there. I also want to be able to afford it. I am just trying to pull myself out of the debt hole I had gotten in. If only I were getting paid more we'd be alright. That's when I got an idea, but I'll get to that later. We had dinner with the parents and my brother and sister-in-law and their kids at Arigato's Japanese Steakhouse. You know one of those Hibachi places. The kids were in awe of the Japanese mans skills. Then it was home and gearing up for the weekend. Well until I got the flu. 
I haven't been that sick in years. I think the combination of everything just got to me and I laid up in the bed for days. Thankfully, my wonderful, loving boyfriend was able to take care of me and the day-to-day things I would normally be doing. It was awful and I was anxious to get out of the house. Eventually I got better and needed to because we had the Diamond Dash coming up. Well needless to say I didn't win the diamond, but we had a great time trying. There were about 200 couples in competition for a beautiful $15,000 ArtCarved diamond ring. I mean this thing was gorgeous. We solved our clues and ran our butts off, but we just weren't as fast as the triatholon competing, beautiful people that won. FIGURES! Why is it that pretty people always win? Me and my bah humbug attitude. Yeah that's right I would have been happier if it had been an overweight couple who have been struggling and unable to afford to buy a ring. Not these people, they go run triatholons in Crested Butte, Colorado. Yeah sounds like they are struggling. The afterparty was nice though. They had hors d'ouvres and cake, but Judd was PISSED! He does not like losing. Plus I think he secretly really wanted us to win that ring. I told him in the car later that the ring didn't matter, we still had a great day and we still love eachother just the same. 

Well in other news though I have officially lost 40 Ibs since I started my weightloss adventure. I feel AMAZING! All my clothes are too big and I am fitting into things I haven't been able to fit in for years. I have about 20 more to go and I will be satisfied and I am committed to doing so by my 26 birthday. I think that it is do-able. Plus, for my 26 birthday I want to go all out. I skipped my 25th birthday because I lost my grandmother three days before my birthday. I was super depressed and even though it was a pretty big birthday I didn't feel much like celebrating. Its hard to believe how depressed I was before I moved here. I realize now that if I had stayed my health would have never got better physically or mentally. I've posted two pics below to show you the difference and a pic that was taken this passed Friday night when Judd and I had date night. I don't think I've looked as happy in a long time.
Pre-Move
Post Move and still going

Joy

I think the pictures really tell the story. I was just a little lost, lonely, and uncomfortable with myself. I'm on the right track now and getting back to the real me. I even surprised everyone and picked up a second job for the holidays. 1) so I can buy more Christmas presents 2) save some more money and 3) buy me some clothes that FIT! I am excited to say that I start my side part-time job at Pier 1 on Thursday :) Cheers, Live, and Love! ~E

No comments:

Post a Comment