Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Low Carb Lovin!

So ever since I have moved to the Tampa Bay area I have been on a really strict low carb diet. I can only eat up to 20 carbs a day. I don't eat bread, pasta, cakes, cookies, crackers, chips, basically anything that is really yummy, I don't eat. Ever since this diet I have been trying out new recipes for desserts in the low carb form and it has ignited a passion I didn't even know I had, baking. I made a homemade low carb cheesecake with only 4 carbs per serving and let my family try it. My mother loved it. She thought it was so good she joked about me selling it. Hmmm. It didn't occur to me until recently that there really is an untapped market in low carb baked goods. You can go into just about any bakery here and order a slice of pie or a brownie, but they aren't good for you. They are loaded with tons of sugars and carbohydrates which for diabetics is dangerous for their blood sugars and for low carbers like me, an ultimate No No. So I started thinking what if I started finding very low carb dessert recipes, refined them and started to sell them out of my home at first and see where this could take me. Judd suggested that eventually I could market them to weight loss clinics, bakeries, health food store, etc. in the local area. I know it's going to take time, patience and hard work, but I think I may have found what I really want to do. Tonight, I am going to work on refining my "Almost to good, to be true brownie" I think I may have a winner. Now just to find out where they sell my last ingrediant. Looks like I will be in the car the majority of the afternoon. At least its beautiful weather :) Live and Love ~ E

1 comment:

  1. Guuurl, you so fly in those shades!! ;)

    Love you and miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete