Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 17, 2011

There's something happening here and what it is aint exactly clear...

I said it once and I'll say it again. I think our country made a mistake with our president. He doesn't know what he is doing, he is a puppet, he doesn't have enough experience or economic knowledge to figure out the best plan for our country. That brings me to Occupy Wall Street. It is my right as a citizen to be able to express how I feel, it is my right to protest. Well I want to protest the reason the protesters of Occupy Wall Street are protesting. I know they are upset. Jobs are few and far between. People are being paid less and the cost of living continues to go up. Gas prices are high which in turn causes the prices of food to go up. Healthcare, medical supplies, medications, everything has gone up and even if you have insurance sometimes it's not even worth it. Jobs have you by the junk because you can't express being dissatisfied in fear of losing you job. Without your job no income, no income and you can't pay the bills, can't pay the bills and then what? Times are really hard. I understand the anger and the rage in these individuals I just think their anger is misplaced. We should be marching on Washington!!! I mean don't get me wrong I am a second generation hippie. I don't necessarily believe in the status quo and wish we could all just get along, but I am not an idiot. What people fail to realize is that the money didn't vanish into Wall Street, it just vanished. The world is a lot less wealthy then it was four years ago. These people to me just seem to be angry at whoever has the most money. Well that existed decades ago too. Look at the Rockefellers, the Morgans, the Vanderbilts etc. These people have had their money for years. I keep hearing the protesters and how it's their right to have free healthcare and college. But where would they get the money to fund such things? Are they essentially wanting the rich to pay for it? To give up their fortunes as a sacrifice to humanity? I don't see how it could work any other way. This would also mean larger government. Larger government = less freedom. It's a known fact. To me there is no doubt that they are being heard in expressing their dissent, but what is their solution? Going into a fight with a strategy gives you the biggest advantage in winning then going into it blindly not having done your homework. We ARE ALL struggling. Some more then others. I am sure some would argue "well why haven't you saved!" Well I haven't been given the opportunity to. Just like how I could ask "Why did you have to buy a bigger house when you had a perfectly good one already that you could afford?" And they could say because they needed more space or whatever. Point is if I could be out there holding a sign that says I am struggling month to month and angry with how expensive basic necesseties are without fear of losing my job, the one thing that is saving me from homelessness I would, but there is no solution just yet and not something that can happen over night. Yes things are worth a fight if you propose a solution. In the meantime I like to watch the videos people are posting. Like this one http://vimeo.com/29327621 See the hate in peoples eyes as the shout to crowds and the crowds mimic back. My dad was a hippie. He did protest. He held sit ins and declared his anger for the war. He listened to Hendrix and Joplin. Saw the Who and the Stones. Wore love beads and his hair long. Refused to be told to be silent.  He also told me that if there is something worth fighting for, if you really believe in something do it, but make sure you can stand up 100% for your cause and when someone asks you what should be done about it...you make sure you look them in the eye and you have an articulate answer.
Then

Now


I believe we need change. REAL CHANGE! I think we need to tell government to back off. To let us figure things out. To stop getting their fingers in our money. To stop giving so much to so many. Its like what Thomas Jefferson said, "government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take away everything you have." Well, there you have it. Whoever started this movement had the right idea, find something to appeal to the masses, but they didn't do their homework. We should be marching on Washington. Now if it was acceptable for me to take a couple days to go and fight for that then you bet your ass I'd be buying a Greyhound ticket to Washington and holding a sign while screaming at the top of my lungs about my freedom along with the rest of them, maybe my dad and I could do it together. Live and Love ~ E

No comments:

Post a Comment