Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Some things I've learned so far...

Sunpass in Tampa Bay is like macaroni is to cheese, you just can't have one without the other. My tolls everyday add up to $5.00 so quick math $5.00 times 5 days a week, I am spending $25.00 in tolls to get just to my job.


Ay ay ay. Spanish here is almost the first language, at least in some areas. D'Lites Ice Cream is now my favorite and its low carb, low sure, low fat, and they have four locations in Tampa Bay!


 I am looking into getting a haircut and I heard that a great place to get a edgy, trendy, punk rockish hair cut is at get this...Star Booty Salon in St. Petersburg! Just the name makes me giggle.

I both love and despise 5:30p.m. traffic as it means I don't have to work anymore that day, but I have to deal with crazy drivers itching to get home. The best way to find things to do on the weekend is to go to the downtown areas on Friday evenings and figure out what will be going on in the weekend. Local spots are the best during the summer, because all the tourists are getting suckered at the other places and only the locals truly know where to go. Like Mahuffers for example. Small bar in Indian Rocks Beach, where I grew up mostly in my pre-teens and early teens, great drinks, bitchy bartenders, surf bums, bras and dollar bills allover the walls, no AC, but you can't beat the atmosphere...it really feels like your just chillen in the garage of a friends beach house.

Better to go there then places like whats below and spend $60 on a meal for two plus a side of terrible service. Make sure they know you are a local too, because they are nicer to you if they know you might come back.


Well those are things I have learned lately, but I am sure I will be learning more and more. I definitely plan on experiencing something new every week so make sure you keep up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment